Book your Simply Oxford, Christ Church Tour, Morse/Lewis and Endeavour tour, FREE highlights tour or tailor made private guided walking tours of Oxford.
Click a button below to book a tour:
**Free highlights oxford tour in February, March and beyond click here for more details.
Walking Tours of Oxford is dedicated to giving you a truly memorable experience in Oxford, with sights to enthral and memories to treasure along your walk. Our fully qualified Oxford guides – members of the Institute of Tourist Guiding and The Oxford Guild of Tour Guides – are looking forward to showing you around this wonderful city.
Oxford is steeped in history, dating back to Anglo-Saxon times. It is a city crammed with visual delights whichever way you turn: from the architecture of the ancient buildings that make up the University, to the rivers, parks and fields that surround it.
To visit Oxford and learn of its history is to delve deep into our heritage. The city has been home to many famous and influential characters including great writers of children’s literature. Through your choice of walking tour you can learn about Lewis Carroll, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Philip Pullman. See real-life settings used as film locations in X-Men First Class, The Golden Compass, Morse, Lewis and Harry Potter. Hear the stories surrounding the University’s most famous students from across the centuries. Discover the origins and rituals of our medieval University.
Walking Tours of Oxford will give you a day to remember with tailor-made private guided tours to suit your specific needs, a FREE highlights tour, Simply Oxford tours, Christ Church tours or Morse/ Lewis/ Endeavour tours.
Why book with Walking Tours of Oxford?
- Clear and transparent costings – no hidden charges such as college entry (where applicable).
- Fully qualified guides holding the Green or Blue Badge accreditation and member of The Institute of Tourist Guiding and The Oxford Guild of Tour Guides.
- Rated highly on TripAdvisor and awarded The Certificate of Excellence.
- Awarded ‘Destination Specialist of The Year 2017’ by Luxury Travel Guide.
- Each tour is unique, we do not have a planned route and we do not follow a script. We simply determine the best route on the day.
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides.
- Regular meetings with Oxford University to provide the most up to date and correct information.
- Many of our guides have connections with Oxford University, having either studied here ourselves or with family members studying here which gives us an insight into student life at Oxford.
- Destination advice and suggestions on what else to do in Oxford.
- FREE map!
“You won’t find a better tour experience!”
“I’ve visited Oxford every year in the winter for about a decade, bringing a group of university students from the USA each time. We’ve used many tour guides over those years, with varying success. We found Heidi and Walking Tours last year, and booked her again this year. I can say without a doubt she is the best. As advertised, she customizes the experience, and she readily acceded to my list of special requests, helping our students to discover the magic of Oxford. We hope to work with Heidi for many years to come!”
Tour for Rick Steves